This summer cooler called Rose float is a drink that takes a quirky twist to cold drink with ice cream. It uses the probably the oldest and most popular summer syrup of the country- Rooh Afza. This simple recipe would excite all age groups.
It would be interesting to involve children in its preparation. Kids would love to gather all the ingredients and would want to mix in the items in Step 1. You may take over adding soda in the glasses depending on the age of your kids. Then, comes the fun part of scooping ice cream and making it jump in the soda filled glass. Can you imagine the excitement of kids at doing this by themselves? You may use fun glasses, quirky straws and sprinkles to appeal to the kids. Though, I think cool soda and ice cream are enough of an incentive for them to enjoy this drink.
When you have a party, you can easily prepare it for a number of people. Just make ahead the mixture in step 1 of the recipe of Rose Float drink. At the time of serving, quickly add soda and ice cream. You can make this recipe vegan by using vegan ice cream.
Shop with Amazon:
You may wish to shop from our Amazon Affiliate links given below. They would help us create interesting recipes but at NO EXTRA COST TO YOU. Thank you so much for supporting us.
- Measuring Cups and Spoons (I use and recommend this Combo)
- Common Salt
- Black Salt
- Rooh Afza
- Lemon juice
- Soda Water/ Sparkling Water/ Seltzer
PS: You can search for any item from the Amazon search tab and buy it from the link provided. Remember, do not keep any items in the cart for more than 24 hours, it won’t be counted as an affiliate purchase.
- ½ Tsp Common Salt
- ½ Tsp Black Salt
- 2 Tbsp Rooh Afza (Rose Syrup) (can be increased as per taste)
- 1 Lemon (juiced)
- 1 Bottle Soda Water/ sparkling water/ seltzer Chilled
- 1 Scoop Vanilla Ice Cream
- Add Salt, black salt, Rooh Afza and lemon juice in a tall glass and mix well½ Tsp Common Salt, ½ Tsp Black Salt, 2 Tbsp Rooh Afza (Rose Syrup), 1 Lemon
- Fill the glass with soda to ¾ of the capacity1 Bottle Soda Water/ sparkling water/ seltzer
- Add in the scoop of ice cream and top it up with soda. Garnish with a lemon slice and serve.
An approximate of the nutrition facts ( using a third party calculator) of the recipe is given under.