This eggless multigrain banana pancakes is an excuse to have your comfort food without guilt! It has no added refined sugar and no artificial rising agents like baking powder or baking soda. These are naturally sweetened by ripe bananas, a hint of cinnamon and loaded with the goodness of multiple grains.
These pancakes use only four ingredients- can you believe it!!?? You may use plant based milk instead of dairy milk to suit your dietary preference. You can easily replace the multigrain flour with whole wheat flour but adjust the amount of milk required accordingly. I have an amazing multigrain mix that I have been using from a long time, shall update a post about it soon.
We are beating the batter so as to make it light and fluffy. Traditionally, the pancake use eggs to make it light or use some raising agent like baking powder to do the job. Since it is an eggless and no baking soda, no baking powder recipe, it becomes important to beat it well. Infact, I would suggest you to beat it before pouring each pancake. Just to be clear, yes these are denser than the all-purpose flour ones, for all the reasons cited above but yet are fluffy and moist in their own way!!!
I used an iron griddle to make the pancakes, hence needed some fat for cooking. If you use non-stick cookware, you won’t need any of it.
In sometime, you would see some bubbles appearing at the top of the pancake, its so satisfying to see. The bubbles are what ensures that it is fluffy and light. When the edges start getting cooked, the color would start turning matte at the edges of the pancake, flip it carefully and cook the other side too.
This recipe yields three Eggless Multigrain banana pancakes and is a perfect “ME TIME” companion! But you can easily multiply the recipe and please the crowd too. It can be customized to your dietary preference of vegan and dairy free, look at the recipe notes for ideas.
Try our other easy breakfast desserts- the no cook, highly customisable Mango Muse or the Desi Cracked Wheat Porridge (Meetha Daliya). This multigrain pancake can be paired with the quirky Three Ingredient Potato Wedges for a great party snack.
Shop the Ingredients:
- Non stick griddle or Iron Griddle
- Measuring Cups and Spoons (I use and recommend this Combo)
- Multigrain Atta
Eggless Multigrain Banana Pancakes
- Non stick griddle or Iron griddle
- 1 Banana Ripe to overripe
- ½ Cup Multigrain Flour
- ⅓ Cup Milk (I needed 1 Tbsp more) Use plant based for vegan option
- ½ Tsp Cinnamon powder
- Oil/ butter/ ghee (for cooking pancakes on iron griddle; not required for non-stick pans) May use vegan fat to suit your dietary preference
- Organic Honey May opt for vegan friendly topping
- Peel, clean the threads and cut any bad parts of the banana. Mash it and beat it1 Banana
- Add flour, cinnamon powder and milk. Add milk in parts so that no lumps are formed½ Cup Multigrain Flour, ⅓ Cup Milk (I needed 1 Tbsp more), ½ Tsp Cinnamon powder
- Beat it well to incorporate air and make it light.
- Heat the griddle/ pan on medium flame and pour in one third of the mixture and spread it lightly. Add the fat (Butter/ ghee/ oil) to the sides, if you are using a cast iron skillet (like me), you don't need it for non-stick cookwareOil/ butter/ ghee (for cooking pancakes on iron griddle; not required for non-stick pans)
- When you see some bubbles and the edges start getting cooked (the color would start turning matte at the edges of the pancake), flip it carefully and cook the other side too.
- Repeat for rest of the batter. Stack and serve with your favorite toppings.Organic Honey
Below segment gives an approximate of the nutrition facts (using a third party calculator) of the recipe.